Question
Posted by: Maria | 2010/05/13

Swelling of tongue and lip area.

Good day there...

I am a lady in my mid 50''s and have recently seen that my bottom inner lip is very red, swollen and has a pins &  needles sensation. (as if something is crawling inside my lip)
There is no pain.

It has been like this for a week and it is now spreading to the tip of my tongue. I see that around my tongue my teeth are leaving indentations?

I am wondering if this could be an allergic reaction or something more serious?

Your help and advise will be appreciated.

Hallo Maria
It sounds like it could be a Candida infection. An allergic reaction would normally cause the whole lip or tongue to swell. You may need a prescription for anti-yeast medication, so let your doctor have a look. One also needs to exclude more serious causes like mouth cancer.

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010/05/17

Hallo Maria

Reply to cyberdoc