Question
Posted by: Wendy | 2010/06/24

Swelling of fingers

Hi Doc,

The last two days I''ve noticed that my fingers have been very swollen - I can''t even get my ring off! I''m due to start my period tomorrow but I''ve never had symptons like this before. High blood pressure does also run in my family. Do you think I should be concerned.

Hallo Wendy
Water retention can happen due to hormonal factors (pre-menstrual) but if your feet are also swollen or your eyes are puffy in the mornings, rather see your doctor to check your urine for kidney problems. If you can't get your rings off, you should maybe anyway call him to get a prescription for a low dose of diuretic.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/06/24

Hallo Wendy