Question
Posted by: Doedy | 2008/10/24

SWELLING IN ARMPIT

I am 46 years old and the only medication I take is Melodene (the pill) and the odd headache table. For some time now I' ve been feeling as tho'  there is a swelling in my left armpit. It is not sore it' s just an uncomfortable feeling that there' s something there. There is no swelling or lumps, just the strangest sensation that something is swollen and it' s not. I have an annual trip to the gynae and it' s always normal. Last mammogram was in April and was also clear. Are these my hormones. Should I have this checked out. Am I in any danger?

Dear Doedy

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

I doubt if you are in any danger but you can request your doctor to refer you for an ultrasound of your armpit. This will exclude any mass or cyst.

Kind regards