Posted by: alba | 2009-01-22

swelling ankles during day only

Good day Doc,

For the past 2 or 3 months I have noticed that my feet swell up during the day. When I wake up in the morning, my feet and ankles are normal but as the day carries on it becomes swollen. I work in an office and sit at a desk most of the time. Can you please tell me what is causing this.

Thank-you so much.

Dear Alba
Swollen feet can be caused by kidney problems, heart problems or a problem with circulation of blood or lymph in the legs. Rather let your doctor have a look - urine needs to be tested, he needs to check your heart for heart failure signs, and check the pulses to see whether the bloodflow to the legs are normal or whether you need a doppler test