Posted by: Peter | 2011-07-18

I tested HIV negative in January. I recently go flu after I came from the gym I took a called showewer. Then I caught a flu. My troat wa sore and I went to a doctor he gave me some tables but still ,then I took a traditional Zulu muthi, after 2days my legs and arms swell. during the flu I also I had a headch. And now if I go to the bush where ever the grass touch the body swell. If I expose my self to the cold my arms and legs swell and itch alot if I make a mistake and scrach more and more swell come. On my neck I have two none itching swell glads and now I dont know what is happening with my body. Please help.

The swelling of your body and subsequent hyper sensitivity of the skin, can be due to the traditional muthi that you ingested. I suggest that you consult your doctor for a full examination and blood tests, to determine the reason for your symptoms. In the interim, I suggest that you treat some of your symptoms, especially the reaction to grass with an anti-histamine, like Lorano tablets (available over the counter at pharmacies).