Question
Posted by: Tersia Nienaber | 2011/03/28

Swelling

My doctor prescribed new blood pressure tablets as well as water tablets.My problem is excessive swelling around my ankels.My doctor says the swelling is a side effect of the blood pressure tablets. However it becomes very unconmfortable when my ankles swell to such an extent that I cannot move my feet upwards. Should the blood pressure tablets be changed or what can i do to aleviate the excessive swelling?

Hallo Tersia
If you are taking a calcium antagonist type of antihypertensive medication, this is a common side effect. See if the water tablets help - if not, ask your doctor if he/she can add an ACE -inhibitor type antihypertensive to the mix, this may help for the swelling.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2011/03/28

Hallo Tersia