Question
Posted by: Gail Oliver | 2011/07/05

Sweetners

which is the best sweetner to take to substitute sugar?

Dear Gail
According to international nutrition organisations, aspartame has been declared 'safe for human consumption'. You may find that if you gradually reduce your sugar intake that you can get along well without a sweetener.

3
Posted by: Lee | 2011/07/06

Gail, I wouldnt spend money on sweeteners. Try this method which worked for me and all my friends. Make you coffee or tea without sugar. Take three or four sips before ading sugar then add less sugar than you take at the moment. In a few days continue doing this and reducing your sugar by half a tsp each time until you take as little as you are aiming for. I am down from 3 to a tip of the tsp. Now even one sugar in my tea tastes revoltingly sweet. This method costs less, will take about 2 weeks to get to the amount you want to take (depending on how much sugar you currently use) and has better health benefits by taking out the doubt of replacement chemicals.

Reply to Lee

Dear Gail

Posted by: Lucy | 2011/07/05

Xylotol

Reply to Lucy