Question
Posted by: Rebecca | 2010-05-27

Sweetcorn

Hi im trying to loose weight and eat an healthyier diet. Iv been eating my 5 potions of fruit and veg a day and have discovered a new love of sweetcorn and now fear i eat too much sweetcorn. Will sweetcorn put me weight on? or am a free to eat as much sweetcorn as i want? Surley its better than a bag of crisp, right?
Thanks Rebecca

Dear Rebecca
If you live in the UK, then I presume the 'sweetcorn' you refer to is fresh, cooked corn on the cob? If so, this vegetable contains 454 kilojoules per 100g, which represents 7,2% of your daily energy allowance if you are slimming. Weigh a cooked cob to see how much energy you ingest from one serving and keep in mind that ANY food when eaten in excess can cause weight gain. I would recommend that you only have one medium-sized cob of cooked corn a day while slimming.

2
Posted by: DietDoc | 2010-05-29

Dear Rebecca

Posted by: Tinkerbell | 2010-05-28

R u talking about the cream sweetcorn or kernels.
I am on WL and they classify kernels as a carb. So maybe just be careful that u dont over do it

Reply to Tinkerbell