Question
Posted by: blossom | 2011/11/20

SWEET CRAVINGS

I suffered with an eating disorder in my early 20''s. I have never lost the urge for sweets - they are like a comfort for me. can you help me ''get off'' the sweets?

Expert ImageEating Disorders Expert

Hello Blossom,
I do not advocate the complete abstinence of substances that individual's binge on. Instead of creating a "forbidden fruit" situation, look at possibly being able to consume in moderate quantities. You are not addicted to sugars, but you are vulnerable to sugar highs (hyperglyaemia) and the feel-good sensation that comes with consuming sweet substances. If you try to abstain from all sweets, the chances are that you will succeed for a few days, but ultimately return to and even binge on sugars.
Regards,
Graham

1
Posted by: Eating Disorders Expert | 2011/11/21

Hello Blossom,
Regards,
Graham

Reply to Eating Disorders Expert