Posted by: Champagne. | 2008-11-27

Sweaty legs!

Hi doc! Looooong time no hear! I hope you' re doing really well and slowing down for the holiday season? I have been experiencing the strangest thing! I wake up at night and my legs are all sweaty! All over! Never even heard of this before! lol. What on earth could be the cause of this? It' s just my legs, and they are soaked! Then I would just like to find out: I am on the depo injection. The doc injected me a month early (totally my fault) and I got some breakthrough bleeding. He put me on estrogen. Can I still have sex and be safe? He said I was going to have a period when the course is over, so am I safe then? I so do not want to get preggers now! Doc, I really hope you have a wonderful evening and the best new year EVER! xxx

Dear Champagne
You should be safe - the esterogen is just to supplement the uterus lining. The sweating is a sympathetic nerve problem - this is a form of hyperhidrosis - you can ask your doctor to try prescribing Probanthine at night, it may help. See also
Good to hear from you again!

Posted by: Sarah | 2008-12-01

Rub Perspirex hand and foot lotion on the areas that are sweating.

Reply to Sarah