Question
Posted by: Michelle | 2009-09-08

Sweaty Feet

It sounds disgusting to put this on the web , but I' m desperate !
My feet started sweating out of the blue and what' s more puzzling is it started during the winter. My feet are not hot or even warm , but they sweat excessively.
Any idea what could be wrong ?
Please let me know if there is anything else you need to know in order to answer my question.
Appreciating you help.

Expert ImageArchive

Dear Michelle

You have plantar hyperhidrosis, a very common problem which can be caused by an imbalance in the nerves that control sweat glands of the foot. It can also be caused by wearing the wrong shoes and socks; some synthetic materials tend to make the feet sweat more than others. I suggest making sure that you minimize the problem by wearing good leather shoes with clean socks everyday and maintaining good foot hygiene. You could also consult a neurologist to see if there is a neural cause and solution to the problem.

Chris

1
Posted by: Nini | 2009-09-11

I have a serious problem with my feet, they are sweaty and smelly and just realised my 4 year old son is now having the same problem. I have tried using foot powders on my feet but its not working, pleas help this is so embarassing.

Reply to Nini