Question
Posted by: Miscka | 2010-07-14

sweaty Armpits

Urgently needs advise regarding sweaty &  smelly armpits,Scrubbibg daily using either Deodarant Or Roll-Ons.HELP PLEASE

Hallo Miscka
the smelling is caused by bacteria reacting with sweat. It may help to wash with antibacterial soap, rinse with a vinegar/water mixture, try a strong deoderant like Perspirex.

4
Posted by: imelda | 2010-11-09

i have aproblem of smelly armpits even though i wash twice a day, i have used diferent types of deodorants, but nothing helps. my doctor recommended Tetmosol soap.

Reply to imelda

Overcleaning and scrubbing is not good. We all have resident flora on our skin, including the armpit. By overcleaning you are removing all the bacteria and making it more favourable for pathogenic or non-residential bacteria to colonise that area of your body. Using an antibacterial soap is a COMPLETE NO NO! This combined with intense scrubbing is going to make things worse. Bottom line is you need to preserve the natural flora of the skin to keep it healthy. Dont use roll-ons or deodorants that clog the pores and dont allow the skin to breath. This is a huge contributing factor to your problem. I know someone who developed an internal abscess in their armpit due to chronic use of such products. You need to use a product that will neutralize odour in a mild way yet allow your skin to breath. Sanex and the Dettol range will help. They will at the same time kill alot of bacteria. It is unavoidable to kill natural flora in some way or the other but you want to reduce this as much as possible. So clean gently and use above products. I''ve used it and it helps although i dont have your problem. You didnt mention if you are guy or girl. Guys do sweat much more and usually dont shave armpits. Shaving armpits with a CLEAN razor will require less use of roll on, allow the skin to breath and is more hygienic. Alot of people have bad odour because the pores in armpit are clogged - reasons as above. Also it could be a systemic problem. Example: the types of foods you eat, e.g. too much caffeine (not entirely sure about this), onions, garlic, too much protein (meat) in diet, or just a generally imbalanced diet. Try activated charcoal as prescribed by pharmacist which will help to detox you. You can also cut a lemon in thick slices and put under armpit to cleanse and draw toxins lying just beneath skin.

Posted by: KIM | 2010-07-15

i have the same problem and perspirex doesnt work how hectic is that, its making me misrible cause im so scared someone smells me.

Reply to KIM
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010-07-14

Hallo Miscka