Question
Posted by: Ronald | 2009/11/03

Sweating when consuming fluids

Hi Doc,

I have a condition that severely impacts on my social and proffesional life.

In the best of times I sweat quite a lot from my face, but, it gets worse when I drink any fluid. If I consume any fluid instead of cooling me off it feels like I am getting heat flushes and the sweat pours down my face.

I feel this is not normal and would appreciate your comments as this severely impacts my day to day life.

Ronald

Hi Ronald
It is an abnormal sweating reaction (hyperhydrosis)and it may help to use an anticholinergic medication like Probanthine ( it can cause dry mouth etc so discuss side effects with your doctor first)

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2009/11/03

Hi Ronald

Reply to cyberdoc