Question
Posted by: Hot Babe | 2011/02/15

Sweating profusely after op

I had my gall bladder removed via Laproscopic procedure about 2 weeks ago, and since then, I have been sweating non-stop. Even though it is quite hot, The water literally pours down my face, regardless of the temperature. I spoke to my doctor about this, and he said it cannot be due to the Op. It is quite embarrassing as it looks as if I am stepping out of a shower. What could have triggered this. I am 35 years old.

Hallo Hot Babe
It sounds as if you may have symptoms of hyperhidrosis and it could be due to the stress on your body of having the operation, or other causes like diabetes, menopause, low blood sugar. However it may also be due to a low grade post operative infection, so just check your temperature to see if you have fever or ask your Gp to draw blood for a white cell count? Medication like Probanthine may help for the sweating but may make you sleepy.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2011/02/15

Hallo Hot Babe