Posted by: Patricia | 2011-07-09

Sweating at night

Only a few weeks ago, I started sweating on a daily basis during the first half of my sleep. I don''t have a cold or any other illness at the moment, and I don''t think I have more nightmares during the first half of the night than the other. It''s Summer over here and it''s true the first part of the night is warmer but I don''t find it too hot when I fall asleep, plus there have been much hotter Summers before and I didn''t experience this. I even keep my window open and make sure I always have a glass of water on my side table.

This is not just mild sweating. It''s so bad that I wake up at 4 am when my cat starts making noise to find the top of my pajamas soaked, as well as my hair, pillow and bed sheet under me. Then I change into dry pajamas, go back to sleep and don''t wake up sweaty anymore. This has nothing to do with my pajamas, as I wear different kinds depending on what is there each time.

I''m female, 26, slim and reasonably healthy.

I suggest that you consult your doctor for an examination and blood tests and a possible sputum analysis, as there are a multitude of causes for night sweats. Refer to the following link for more details: