Question
Posted by: Jersey | 2011/01/27

Sweating and constantly feeling hot

I am a 24 year old female and have had a baby (22 months ago). I am slightly overweight but try to eat veggies and fruit as much as possible. Problem is I am constantly feeling hot. Even on a cold rainy day I would be sitting with the fan on. I also sweat quite a lot. Especially on my head, sometimes the sweat runs down my face. I have asked the doc and he told me that it’ s unlikely to be a hormonal imbalance because I am so young. I am also irritated as hell most days and snap at anything.

Hallo Jersey
Being young does not mean that you can't have a hormonal imbalance. Get a second opinion and ask the doctor to check your thyroid levels and iron levels. You may also have hyperhydrosis (abnormal sweating) and the irritability could be due to not sleeping enough and other stressors, or even slight depression. There is medication available for these conditions and you don't need to suffer a day longer.
dr Bets

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2011/01/27

Hallo Jersey
dr Bets