Posted by: Pat | 2009-06-29

Sweating a lot

When I sweat, either because I am nervous or hot, I am sweating a lot on my face compared to the rest of my body. And I sweat profusely at times and the only thing that seems to help is if I stop moving and sit in a room with the AC blasting. I am concerned because my friends or others around me seem to be sweating a lot on their backs or armpits, but I am dripping sweat from my face. I have not had this problem before and has started only about 4 years ago. Is there something I can do to stop sweating on my face so much?

Dear Pat
This could be hyperhydrosis, or if you are female and over 45, it could be due to menopause. You could try something like Perspirex or Dri Chlor, or even tablets like Probanthine. Please discuss with your doctor - it may be necessary to draw blood for Esterogen levels before you decide on which treatment would be best to use