Question
Posted by: mia | 2012/02/08

sweat

I don''t know if this is the correct forum 2 post this question. Hi! Doc, Ive been sweating a lot lately &  don''t know why. In the morning &  in the evening after taking a bath, I''ll b sweating like nobody''s business. I''ll drive to work, park my car, then walk 10 minutes to my workplace, on the way there, I''ll b sweating like hell &  sumtimes when Im sleeping, I''ll b feeling very hot, so I''ve decided not 2 wear anything when I go 2 sleep, Im not on any Diet, I just go to the gym &  even there I sweat a lot, pls help me.

Dear Mia
Some information which would make it easier to try and answer your question is still missing. I presume that you are a woman (based on your name), but you don't mention how old you are?? If you are over 50 and female then your excessive sweating could be due to the menopause (in other words because of changes in female hormone levels). In younger persons excessive sweating could be due to the use of certain medications such as cortisone and its derivatives, or overweight, or other types of hormone imbalances such as an overactive thyroid gland. If you find that your sweating continues or even increases then it is important that you do have a medical checkup to see if you suffer from hormonal imbalances or an underlying illness (e.g. tuberculosis, etc).
Make sure that you drink 2,5 litres of liquid daily (i.e. any liquids you consume per day not just water), so that you don't get dehydrated.

2
Posted by: Jo-Ann | 2012/02/19

I''m sweating a lot lately, even when I am just sitting still relaxing. In am 37years old and a little bit overwheight.I''ve also got a history of hart problems. Do I need to worry?

Reply to Jo-Ann

Dear Mia