Question
Posted by: Betsie | 2011/05/27

sweat

My son, 23 has had the flu for 2 days (staying in bed). He complained of flu symptoms, dizziness and back ache. He came to work this morning while it was extremely cold outside, he was sweating profusely even though his body was cold. He did not feel feverish, but actually cold while his face looked as he was extercising (red). His whole shirt was soaked with sweat. This concerns me, could you please comment on this abnormal sweating? Thank you

Betsie

The flu will cause excessive sweating and flushing of the face. There is no spesific treatment for the flu, except strict bedrest, lots of fluids and aspirin for the fever.