Posted by: bibi | 2009-07-10

Swank diet

i was wondering whether you know about the above diet specially for multiple sclerosis, if so i see they exclude dairy and esp cow milk. Would that incl the fat free cow milk too? i assume that incl yoghurts ? what option is there to replace yogh in the diet, a cow milk free option but still with benefits of good bacteria and possibly calcium? i dont like the soya yogh?

Pls help.

Dear Bibi
If you do a Google Search on the Internet you will find a direct link to the Swank Foundation which explains the low-fat, low-saturated fat diet that Dr Swank proposes. I don't have personal experience of this diet, but any diet that restricts the intake of total fat and saturated fat will probably be beneficial to most people, including MS patients. You may still use fat-free and low-fat milk and yoghurts because they contain so little fat and saturated fat. In fact it is important to have at least 3 servings of fat-free or low-fat dairy products a day to ensure that you are still ingesting enough calcium to keep you healthy. So by all means have 3 servings of low-fat/fat-free milk, yoghurt or cottage cheese a day.

Posted by: Mon | 2009-07-15

I started drinking 8 - 10 glasses of water a day and realised a more visible cellulite. Is this caused by the warm water I drink on a daily basis and I am told that I should take Water retention pills to avoid cellulite. Is this true and if so what do the retention pills do exactly?

Reply to Mon