Question
Posted by: Joan | 2011/10/05

swallowing anti freeze

someone i know accidentally swallowed a mouth full of antifreeze about 7 years ago. He ended up having to have a very large kidney stone removed. Are there any other tests he should be having to see if he has any other damage from this accident?

Cyberdoc is the right expert for this one. 7 years is a long time, so the antifreeze will be long gone, but the aftereffects of any damage it caused could linger. I don't know if it can cause kidney stones or if this is a coincidence. As I also get kidney stones, possibly the most painful condition known to man or beast, your friend has my sympathy. There are a range of blood and urine tests which can be done to check whether there is lasting kidney damage, for instance ; better seeing a consultant physician ( a specialist in general medicine ) than a GP.

2

I think this should rather be posted to the CyberDOC.