Question
Posted by: Mina | 2008/12/10

Swallowing air

I cosntantly have a windy stomach. I tried high fibre and roughage diets with no success. Some one told me I swallow air and maybe its part of tonge movement during eating.

CAN THIS BE TRUE? How must your tongue move any way?

Dear Mina
Swallowing excessive air can cause windiness, but often it is due to slow movement of food through the bowel, fermentation or improper digestion. Fibre can make it worse as it can ferment in the bowel. Try using probiotics and pancreoflat 3 times a day, and use something like Fybogel orange (soluble) rather than hi fibre diet ( insoluble)