advertisement
Question
Posted by: Jakobina | 2010/04/16

Swallowed Petrol

How dangerous a petrol in the human body?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageEnviroHealth expert

Petrol is poisonous, and if you swallow enough it can cause vomiting, dizziness, sleepiness and confusion. More severe symptoms may include loss of consciousness, convulsions, internal bleeding and death. Vomiting up petrol may result in some being breathed into the lungs, which is very dangerous. If a child is suspected of swallowing even a tiny amount of petrol, and even if they don't seem to have symptoms, they must be checked by a doctor. Anyone who shows symptoms needs emergency medical care. Never try to get a person to vomit if they have swallowed petrol.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

1
Our users say:
Posted by: EnviroHealth Expert | 2010/04/23

Petrol is poisonous, and if you swallow enough it can cause vomiting, dizziness, sleepiness and confusion. More severe symptoms may include loss of consciousness, convulsions, internal bleeding and death. Vomiting up petrol may result in some being breathed into the lungs, which is very dangerous. If a child is suspected of swallowing even a tiny amount of petrol, and even if they don't seem to have symptoms, they must be checked by a doctor. Anyone who shows symptoms needs emergency medical care. Never try to get a person to vomit if they have swallowed petrol.

Reply to EnviroHealth Expert

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
advertisement