Posted by: MO | 2009-03-24

just want to find out sumthing, was suspended in November, he refused to pay my salary &  refused to give me a hearing. Still going around taking bad about me. Was with the company for 1 yr 7 months.

He send me a letter few days after the suspension that i should be in the office the next day to discuss the files &  my attorney send him letter that i wont make it to the office until the hearing &  he demanded that he must pay my salary but he refused up to today

He claimed that he was paying income tax on our behalf but he refused to give me my IRP 5.

Any advise

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

You need to refer the matter to the CCMA for an unfair suspension. they must pay you during your suspension.

Posted by: Boo | 2009-03-26

Best of luck then Mo, on going forward... I' m in the HR department of a large company and the amount of employees I see who are taken advantage of by unscrupulous " legal advisors"  is horrifying... I actually had 2 bogus lawyers chased out of a ccma arbitration by the commissioner a while ago... Conmen are everywhere, so be careful!

Reply to Boo
Posted by: MO | 2009-03-26

Thank you Boo,

You rite coz my attorney is being quite for a while left several messages but doesn' t return my calls. What i know is that my ex boss is in a serious financial problems even ppl who still work there are struggling to get their salaries every month.

The thing is that he wanted to discuss the files only i thought that he was supposed to call me for hearing 1st b4 anything else. But anyway i managed to get a nice job in dec &  am happy. i am gonna let it go.

Reply to MO
Posted by: boo | 2009-03-25

As a matter of interest, do you realise that by refusing to go to the meeting with your employer, you were disobeying a lawful and reasonable order? And that by refusing to work in such a way could have led to your dismissal?
Obviously an employer can' t just refuse to pay your salary, but i think there are a lot of details which perhaps haven' t been mentioned here...
Does your attorney really know what he is doing? I' ve encountered many bogus " lawyers"  and " attorneys"  who make huge promises to their clients but who then proceed in a way which shows their lack of qualification... I hope you haven' t been conned.

Reply to boo