Suspected ulcer?

Spitting up little amounts of blood. No pain, usual amount of spit. Went to doc last week. Told me I might have an ulcer. I have no heartburn or pain in my stomach. Suffered from nausea and a constant taste of blood. I have no medical aid and can not afford the expensive test that he wanted me to do. He told me not to take asprin, disprin and to stop taking the Omega 3 supplement that I was taking. I' m wondering if it can be something else. For a week I have not had the taste of blood but it is back and again there is small amounts of blood when I spit it out. Could this be stress related?

Dear Anonymous
No, it is not stress related - it could be coming from the sinuses, or from the lungs ( like in TB infection or bronchitis) or from bleeding from the stomach but it doesn't sound as if you have stomach symptoms. I wonder if you should not try to get a lung xray at a provincial hospital to just exclude dangerous causes like TB or pneumonia.