Question
Posted by: Chris | 2013/02/24

Q.

Suspected chemical poisoning

Good Morning,

I have being doing reading up on chemical poisoning after my uncle has started to show so many signs of it. He works hands on with a lot of chemicals in his factory and hasn''t been using protective gear for 7yrs. The problem is we don''t know what tests can be done on him to find out as the doctors which have been trying to help since last year have not been very helpful. Can you recommend tests which can be taken to test for poisoning? Do you know any hospital(s) in Gauteng that are specialized in these sort of cases?

Many thanks in advance

Chris

Expert's Reply

A.

- 2013/03/14

Chris

I suggest that your uncle consults an internal specialist with a list of the chemicals he is exposed to.  The doctor can take hair, nail and blood samples to determine the presence of possible chemical poisoning.

1
user comments
Posted by: Dr Anrich | 2013/02/24

Dear Chris It will be important to know what you are testing for. It will therefore, be difficult for me to suggest spesific tests. I suggest that you consult an internal specialist with a list of all the products that he is working with and come into contact with. The internal specialist will then take blood and hair samples to be tested, to determine if he is being posioned. Your nearest private hospital will be able to provide you with details of an internal specialist.

Reply to Dr Anrich | 1 comment (hide)
Posted by: Chris | 2013/02/24

Thank you very much

Want to comment?