Question
Posted by: CrazyMommy | 2010/11/01

Suspected Bipolar

I have been taking Wellbutrin SR 150 mg for depression for the last 3 months now and depression and associated seems to be sorted. What is worrying my though is that I have hectic temper episodes in which I get so angry and upset (over little things) that I throw things and even shout! It feels like I can''t control the anger. Could this be symtoms of bipolar disorder? I also have night sweats and I feel constantly tired.

With ANY serious psych diagnosis, and if first-line treatment is not helping, you should ALWAYS see a psychiatrist for a prperly expert assessment and an assessment of treatment options, rather than a GP. The iritability, etc., may be side-effects of the Wellbutrin, and a shrink would be better able to assess this and look at realistic alternatives, than a GP. These are not typical symptoms of Bipolar Disorder.

2
Posted by: Maria | 2010/11/01

Those sound like Wellbutrin side effects, you need to speak to your doc. It is better to see a psychiatrist than a gp for psychiatric meds.

Reply to Maria