Question
Posted by: Stacey | 2012-01-31

Sushi

Is sushi a healthier option when going out or not ? I prefer to select healthier options but sometimes what one deems to be a healthier option has some suprisingly unhealthy benefits .

I know eating out all the time is not good no matter what i dont go out often ( max 4 times a month)

Dear Stacey
Eating fish is always a healthier option because it contains omega-3 fatty acids. However, eating raw fish is only healthier if you eat it in a restaurant with good hygiene! I have written 2 DietDoc Topics about eating fish during pregnancy which outline potential problems of eating raw fish like sushi, which are also applicable to people who are not pregnant. Click on 'Diet & Nutrition' at the top of this page and then on 'Eating throughout life' and 'Pregnancy' and read the articles on: "Eating fish and sushi during pregnancy - Is it harmful? - Parts I and II". Eating out all the time is not a good idea, but having a night out to relax and eat food that one does not have to cook oneself, is pleasant and need not be unhealthy if you make sensible choices and avoid the very rich and fatty foods.
Enjoy

2
Posted by: Wania | 2012-02-20

Welcome to the Sistahood! I''m so glad that you''ve jeinod us now and didn''t wait. If there''s anything we can do to help you or support you, don''t hesitate to give us a shout!Katrina @craftsbykatie recently posted..

Reply to Wania
Posted by: DietDoc | 2012-01-31

Dear Stacey
Enjoy