Question
Posted by: CP MOM | 2010/01/21

Survivor Celeb. SA

Oh dear DEAR dear " old"  Cs, please do tell me you are going to do the same as with the other survivors? I cannot wait to see what you will say?!?!?!?!

How " dof"  was it not? And that HUGE big Gladiator....and shame little Christina Storm.....dear oh dear please do tell me!

Have a lovely day my " old"  friend.

Love Mom

Hi there Old CP MOm,
No, I will not be routinely covering this silly season of Survivor, for a number of reasons, including the fact that MNet publicity managed to mess up their system and sent no advance material to many writers and journalists, and have been mroviding me with no proper facilities to enable me to cover it. However, it is just possible that we may on H24 be covering another, alternative and more seisble variant on the Survivor theme.
I said early on that I would only find this series interesting if they enabled us to vote on which of the annoying "celebrities" could be left behind alone, forever, on a desert island. But for some odd reason they didn't want to do it that way.
The show wasn't merely dof ; but doffisimo, raising ( or rather lowering ) dof to entirely new record levels.
How utterly pathetic was the suddent hysterical departure of the "super-model" who apparently couldn't bear to be separated from her daughter of 5 for even a day or 2 ? She didn't care at all about her tribe, the show, the charity she was pretending to support, or anything. Apparently also horrified at the lack of luxury on the desert island. How does anyone become an "actress" and "Supermodel" without ever being away from one's child for a few days ? Is she a supermodel who has never ever left SA, or who takes her child with her on every photo-shoot ?
If she doesn't donate, from her own funds, the amount she might have won, to the charity she so horribly failed to represent, is will be a disgrace.
The new presenter seems competent without being even remotely interesting.
Other people's thoughts ?

5
Posted by: XXX | 2010/01/22

Chrsitina came down in my expectations rather badly.She has let everyone down,especially her charity.
A pity about Garth,he is actually a good guy.
I won' t go out my way to watch but I don' t think it will be that bad.
I think Nick should do fine,better than our last one

Reply to XXX
Posted by: Purple | 2010/01/21

I didn' t watch it because after having read who the contestants were, and collapsing with mirth, I didn' t think I could watch something like that and take it seriously.

Some of the " celebrities"  aren' t exactly well known - so then - they aren' t actually celebrities are they?

The little I' ve seen of Christina Storm, tells me it probably hadn' t occurred to her that she would be apart from her daughter. Once she got to wherever the show was being recorded, she probably just thought she' d misplaced her daughter, or was it a handbag she' d forgotten to bring? I' m sure she loves her daughter dearly, I just don' t think she was at the front of the queue when grey matter was being dished out.

I won' t be watching, but was rather hoping CS was going to write some pieces on the show, that is always interesting to read.

Reply to Purple
Posted by: Playgirl | 2010/01/21

I couldnt wait to see all the models without their make up, very surprising to see that their bodies werent that good, especially Cindy Nell....maybe she purposefully added a few pounds before the show??

Reply to Playgirl
Posted by: qwerty | 2010/01/21

I only caught the tail end of the show, but I completely agree with your thoughts! Surely Christina went on the show knowing full well that she' d be away from her child for a set amount of time.... Only to " suddenly"  realise with a shock that she misses the kid??
Thin excuse to get off the island, if you ask me.... And the fake crying? Give me a break.
The presenter is at least not as irritating as the previous guy, but quite uninteresting, as you said.

Reply to qwerty

Hi there Old CP MOm,
Other people's thoughts ?