Posted by: Shelby | 2009-04-16

Hi there,

There is something I feel I gotta do. I feel that I would like to help a couple have a child but am not sure what the procedure is. Do you have any advice on this? Any emotional advice?

Dear Shelby

Due to the disruption in workdays there has been a delay in response to your question. We do apologise of any convenience caused.

There are many ways in which you can assist infertile couples. The option of donating eggs and also to act as a surrogate needs to be carefully discussed with a counsellor who is familiar with these processes.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

Posted by: weeta | 2009-04-18

sorry the address is incorrect
remember the at sign and the dot

keep well

Reply to weeta
Posted by: WEETA | 2009-04-18

You must take the word dot away and put a .
this is the only way you can put your email address on this site
the biggest thing is that you are going to carry the baby and then give it away, I am sure it works like normal adoption prosess. The best thing you can do (I think) is to go to a donar bank and get a sperm from them, they test it and make sure all is ok. Normaly there is problems with or the woman or the man and that is why they can t have kids, so to try and do it with there egg and sperm will cost a lot. YOu are looking at about
R30 000- 40000.00 rand because they must remove the egg and then implant it into you. Where if you take a donar sperm mine cost R5000 - R 6000.00 still a lot of money but not as much as the IVF. YOu can get a donar sperm and egg and then just do the implant not to sure what that will cost. I have a friend that went threw this will try and get some information.
Have you got kids of your own?Are you married?
enjoy your day
chat later

Reply to WEETA
Posted by: Shelby | 2009-04-17

Hi Weeta,

I am struggling to email you at that address, so will post reply here. I am 36, live in Mpumalanga and are white/European.

At the moment I am just trying to establish the implications of being a Surrogate, that is the risk of contracting HIV and the emotional and financial implications.

Have a great day.

Reply to Shelby
Posted by: weeta | 2009-04-16

this is a big thing that you would like to do
There is so many ladies out there that would love to have a baby and there is almost none babies to adopt.
I have just had the sperm implant have to wait two weeks Beleiving that it will work for us, I have a friend that can not fall pregnanat and it is only threw people like you and people that give there babies up for adoption that we would ever be parents. How old are you? where do you stay and sorry for asking but what race are you. if you can please contact me yvettejcpdothotmaildotcom

Reply to weeta