Posted by: Jan | 2010-05-09

surgery scheduled now pain in low back, groin

I have been scheduled for TKR (right knee) for June 14. I have many appointments with various doctors and the blood bank to done blood. I''ve developed pain in my lower back and groin...hip? Should I mention this to someone...who? or just wait and see if it goes away. It has in the past. I''m concerned it might be arthritis and it will affect my surgery and/or recovery. I have appointments with my nephrologist, primary care physician and cardiologist but none are soon...all are from 1 to 2 weeks before the surgery! I''m in a quandary as to what to do.
Thanks in advance.

It is very important that you mention all these symptoms to your surgeon, as well as your primary care physician. I suggest that you contact them and request them for an earlier consultation.