Question
Posted by: Sick of surgerys and worry | 2008/06/19

surgery concerns

Doc

I was wondering if you could give me YOUR oppinion on a subject,my health is a complicated story in itself--I was born with neurofibromatosis type one, and have had many complications resulting in many surrerys including a brain tumor removed, 1 kidney loss due remal stanosis,a bowel obstruction which led to perfiration of colon due to adhessions..etc...etc....as you con imagin I have had a lot of painfull surgerys..Now have to have a Hemorroidectomy,The web is full of horror stories about how painfull the op is,I know it will be painfull for a few weeks,my surgeon says the post op painlasts 3weeks,with the pain that I have had to indure in my short life(28 years)is there sound reason for me to be "terrifyed" of this op?Are there actualy people who say that the op is not so bad?All on the web make it sound like death.
Many thanks
Sick of surgerys and worry

Dear Sick of Surgery
Ask your surgeon how he is going to do the operation. These days some use minimal invasive surgery which is much more comfortable than traditional hemorroid surgery. If he still uses the old cut and leave the wounds open method, ask him if he can't refer you to a colleague that uses the new laser methods.