Question
Posted by: Celest | 2011/08/18

Surgery

I am 26 years old - was diagnosed with endometrios.
Had 3 laproscopes and one endoscopy.
Went for a check up - found pollyps and not too sure if there is growths (fibroid cyst) as well, as that can only be determined by an operation.
Should I have a the surgery (something like a C-section) to remove all obsticals and do IVF thereafter. How long after the operation can one do IVF?
Also my mensus is becoming unbearable that I have to spend the
First two days in bed?

Please advise?

Dear Celest

I would strongly recommend that you proceed with the surgery and you will require at least 6 weeks post operatively to recover. Beyond this stage IVF would be feasible and safe.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

2
Posted by: Noni | 2011/09/22

Have the surgery. I did. It is called a myomectomy. I started ttcing 2 mths later and fell preggies.

Recovery is quick.

Reply to Noni
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2011/08/25

Dear Celest

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

Reply to Fertility expert