Question
Posted by: achilles peritendinitus | 2010-04-13

surgery

GOOD DAY. I AM A LONG DISTANCE RUNNER AND FOR 2 YEARS ISTRUGGLE WITH CHRONIC INFLAMTION OF THE PARATENON. IN THE LAST YEAR I HAD TRIED 4 DIFFERENT TYPES OF RUNNING SHOES AND ORTHOTICS MADE BY 3 OF THE BEST PODIATRIST BUT COULD STILL NOT GET ACHILLES PROBLEMS SORTED OUT. NO RUNNING FOR 6 MONTHS WITH NO IMPROVEMENT. HAD SURGERY DONE AND STILL RECOVERING AND NOT ALLOWED TO PUT ANY WEIGHT ON LEG AS IT IS STILL TO PAINFUL. MY QUESTION NOW IF I DO RECOVER COMPLETELY WHAT MUST I TRY DIFFERENTLY FOR THE PROBLEM NOT TO JUST COME BACK. I DONT OVERTRAIN AND DO EVERYTHING ACCORDING TO THE BOOKS IN TERMS OF SLOWLY BUILD UP. IS IT JUST MY BODY THAT CAN NOT DO IT OR IS IT THE STABILITY SHOES OR ORTHOTICS. I AM LEIGHT WEIGHT AND 52KG SO I DONT THINK IT IS DUE TO TO MUCH WEIGHT ON THE TENDON.

Hallo Achilles Peritendinitus
Have you seen a biokineticist? My guess is that you should have a biomechanical video evaluation (you run on a treadmill and they actually video your feet to see how it strikes the ground) University of Pretoria sports medicine dept, Stellenbosch university biokinetics centre and Prof Tim Noakes dept at UCT will be able to do this as well as the orthopedic network - see http://www.kinetics.co.za/biokinetics.
Hope this helps

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010-04-13

Hallo Achilles Peritendinitus
Hope this helps

Reply to cyberdoc