Question
Posted by: law | 2008/10/24

surgery

Last year June I went into surgery for repair on my shoulder (Glenohumeral joint ligaments, Bicep tendon and a clean up of ,so called crystals.) I was in a sling for 2 months and after went into rehab. Now more than a year later, even though my shoulder does feel more " solid"  certain positions still bring on pain such as shoulder hyperextension, and abduction (only when going 180 degrees, such as a golf swing) Your advise on why this is so even after rehab will be appreciated as well as what to do next.

Expert ImageShoulder Doc

Dear law,

if you still have pain more than a year after the shoulder surgery , something is wrong. You should see your surgeon again to reassess the stituation after your operation. i am not sure what your problem was before your operation neither what was done : "ligament repair, biceps tendon repair and clean up of crystals " does sound somewhat vague and a more detailed indication of what was done would help - maybe the doctor can explain it to you in clearer terms?

Regards,
DR Joe de Beer