Posted by: Willie | 2009-04-08

Suppressed aggression

I am a 40 year old white divorced male. The last few months I have realised I have suppressed aggression, especially against women. My poor GF is getting it and the worst is I don t know where it comes from. I am generally a very gentle and kind person, actually why my gf got involved with me in the first place. I have started working through some co-dependency and border issues in my life the past couple of months. I learned that depression and aggression is kind of the two sides of the coin, can it be that I have moved away from depression behavior which I sometimes tend to have and now want to deal with issues in a aggressive way? Specially where women is concerned? I get an outburst and afterwards don' t have no clue where it came from.

Maybe its not so important to dig around to discover where it comes from, as to attend to where it goes to --- such as your gf. This working through of issues you describe --- are you doping that alon, or with a counsellor ? Could your gf become involved in that working through ?