Question
Posted by: sue | 2010/04/01

Support groups

Hi doc,

Is it a sighn of weakness if you have to get help inorder to achieve some goals in life ?

I know it sounds stupid , but I have noticed that inorder for me to reach my goals I set in life (to loose weight and study further) I need help from support groups , I cant reach these goals my my self and I see this as a weakness , is it ?

I am 32 , married with 2 kiddies and work full day

Not in the least ! Its a sign of weakness to need help ( as all of us do , in different ways and in different situations ) and NOT then to seek and use available help. If you can reach useful goals with the help of a support group - what's wrong with that ? This is why we have support groups! Keep up the good work, and congratulate rather than blame yourself for using help wisely

2
Posted by: skip | 2010/04/01

No its not a sign of weakness and you shouldnt think that if you are in need of help, thats why groups are there for people who need support.

Reply to skip