Posted by: alone | 2008-10-30

support group for widows?

Is there a support group for widows (especially with small children) on the net or elsewhere? My husband passed away in an accident 2 weeks ago and I have a 20month old baby. Everything seems to be too much for me. I have to speak to somebody that has gone through the same thing.

I wish there was such an organization, but I don't know of one. Check with the Anxietuy/Depression support group, who may well know of one, or even their own groups could be supportive and helpful. You may well need to speak with someone, but it's actually less necessary than you might think that the person has been through the same experience. Any good counsellor should be able to help you, and maybe your local hospice can recommend someone with particular experience of helping someone deal with grief

Posted by: Miss Priss | 2008-10-31

Why do you not start your own group perhaps on Facebook? It is a start.. By the way I am a widow too..

Reply to Miss Priss
Posted by: comft | 2008-10-30

i am busy praying for you as i write this note. any family member that you can maybe speak to in the mean time while you are serching for a group, friends maybe. you need to speak to somenone.i will keep on praying for you cz i cannot imagine waht you are going through but im sure it is unberable.

Reply to comft