Posted by: CP MOM | 2009-05-31

Support Group

I did eventually find a support group for " Parents with disabled children"  - BUT - all their kids are severly disabled. They cannot talk, walk anything.

So although its good to share stories with people who also have disabled children I still have not found anyone who' s got simular problems to what I have. That' s the problem with disabled children - they all have so many different disabilities.

The school cannot help. There are shrinks but they either specialize in kids or in adhd or or or not in kids with mental disabilities - sometimes people try and help like my boss and say' s have you sat down and talked to her? ag fokkie toggie really????

Agh old CS the sun will shine again tomorrow...i know...but today it' s just a bit dark for me....

ps. thanks

COuld this group maybe help you develop a second group with disabled kids who are more mobile and have different needs ? There must be many parents with similar problems to yours. And one reason most shrinks and others don't specialize in dealing with such kids, is that they find it too difficult, in the ways you do, because they were trained to aim at cure or at least to producing major improvements, and feel useless when they can't do that, overlooking how much they might still be able to do for people

Posted by: Blackbird | 2009-06-04

best of luck there CPMom. maybe look outside RSA for support, where we are now there are many groups and i see CP' s more here then i did in RSA. Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday there is a whole bunch of them with their care givers in the mall for lunch time. They all go to burger king or MacDonald' s.

Think a lot about Ne when i see them.

Reply to Blackbird