Question
Posted by: Mary | 2009-08-07

Support for binge eater

Good day Doc
I am a binge eater and it is very difficult for me to cope, it feels like I am in a sircle in my life , I get fat I join a slimming club I get thin and once I leave them I slowly start picking up the weight and all the guilt feelings just comes back then I try to slim down on my own but it never ever works , do you think that it shows weak caracter if one stays with slimming club for the rest of your life for support ?

If you are a binge eater, shouldn't you be seeing an expert shrink for assessment and advice, and to supervise your efforts to regain control over this ? It wouldn't be week in character to stay with a slimming club IF that was the most effective treatment, which it never is. CBT from a shrink could help you regain the necessary control over the unhelpful eating habit, and after it was successfully completed, you wouldn't need the clob. And what you need isn't about slimming, but about not binging.

2
Posted by: C | 2009-08-07

It' s just food. CONTROL and DISCIPLINE yourself. It' s all in the mind.

Reply to C
Posted by: mojo | 2009-08-07

Doesnt show a weak character.

You should investigate alternative forms of excersize and attempt to reduce your eating habits, try CBT see a counsellor go to a dietician.

Reply to mojo