Question
Posted by: Natz | 2009/07/07

Supplements while ttc

I am considering trying to conceive soon, would just like to know if I may or may NOT continue with the following items when I find out that I AM pregnant:

1. Viral choice capsules
2. Staminogro
3 . Movicol (for my constipation)
4. Lp299v or Probiflora
5. Bettaway 500mg Vitamin C tablets
6. Rescue remedy (Nature)
I am currently taking ALL these items daily...

Thank u!!

Expert ImagePharmacist

Hi natz

1. Have been used by many and is probably safe. However, it is clear that more research is needed regarding the impact of echinacea on the fetus. Suggestion: Ask your Gynea before use.
2. Safe to use, but using a a pregnancy specific multivit such as preg-omega is suggested
3. There is no experience of the use of MOVICOL during pregnancy and lactation and it should only be used if considered essential by the physician
4. Safe to use
5. Safe to use
6. Have been used by many and is probably safe. Ask your Gynea before use.

Best of luck!