Question
Posted by: Janine | 2012-05-20

Supplements for fertility

Hi, I am 29 years old and recently had cycts removed on both ovaries. I would like to keep myself healthy and start usingl supplements which will help with fertility and make it easy to conceive within the next year. What are your recommendations ?

Dear Janine

In general if you have a well balanced diet, there is no need for supplements as there is no conclusive evidence that supplements improve fertility in the female subject. This may not necessarily be the case for males. However if you suffer from chronic elements or were there is a problem of absorption or absolute dietary deficiency then a general supplement maybe of benefit. The most important supplement needed is folic acid which is has been well documented to improve implantation as well as be of benefit to early development of the embryo. Folic acid is widely found in all vitamins and therefore should be easy to obtain. In addition the use of Omegas is helpful as they are important in the production of hormones essential to fertility. Depending on whether you are insulin resistant or not additional supplements are just Inofolic may help stabilize insulin levels and improve glucose metabolism.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

4
Posted by: Prudence | 2012-05-30

Fertile XX (drops) from feelgoodhealth &  ordinary cheap prenatal vitamins

Reply to Prudence
Posted by: Dikeledi | 2012-05-29

Good luck, I am also trying to conceive,had laparascope last year nov.

Reply to Dikeledi
Posted by: SB | 2012-05-25

Just started taking Pregnacare Conception multivitamins - especially formulated for women trying to conceive. Will let you know how it goes

Reply to SB
Posted by: SB | 2012-05-24

Hi Janine

I have heard the use of staminogro and folic acid linked to successful pregnancies.

I am now taking folic acid and probably will start on stamingro again to start.

I have also heard that casterberry capsules (agnus castas) can help fertility - I tried 3 months and it didnt help me but maybe I am too impatient.

Hope you find something that helps!

Reply to SB