Question
Posted by: Bonny | 2008/10/07

Supplements for dogs?

My 5 mth lab has an abcsess on her neck which I only noticed when it burst yesterday and I took her to the vet and he prescribed a 10 day course of antibiotics. Is there any supplements that I can give her - to boost her health up a bit or to aid her recovery, as it is her second course of antibiotics this month, and she is still quite young. I give her vets choice dog food - is there maybe another brand which would be better for her ?

Dear Bonny

Hills, Eukanuba and Royal Canin are all top brands but Vets choice should be fine. You don't need to boost her up if on these foods.

2
Posted by: WR | 2008/10/07

The food is fine. If she is sickly, add some Nutristim - available from your Vet.

Reply to WR
Posted by: deb | 2008/10/07

When I first adopted my dogs they were really ill and needed to build up immunity. The vet said I must give them a full course of Moducare each. It worked.

Reply to deb