Posted by: Zeus | 2009-03-12

Supplements for depression

I' ve been a depression sufferer for the last 5 years of my life. Recently I started using omega 3 capsules in conjunction with an anti-depressant. What other supplements would you recommend I use that has been proven to help alleviate depression symptoms?

Expert ImagePharmacist

The Omega is a good choice, but I suggest buying Salmon/Fish oil capsules next month - They seem to be a richer source of omega oils, and many find it more effective.
Steer clear of 'natural antidepressants' as these may not mix well with your anti-depressant.

The only other thing I'd suggest is a good vitamin B-complex

Posted by: ME | 2009-03-18

What is the function of the omega in depression, and will the Salmon/fish oil influence my colestrol levels, which is high.

Reply to ME