Question
Posted by: Doreen | 2010/06/05

SUPPLEMENTS AND WEIGHTLOSS

Which supplements can I use to boost my weightloss? Need to lose about 7 kg and are really struggling. Is running or walking better? Do i need to do weights as well to lose weight, or just cardio? PLEASE HELP.

Hi Doreen

None, I honestly wouldn't recommend taking supplements that even try to affect metabolic rate. They are not proven to work, and nor are they safe. So rather save your money and spend it on seeing a dietician who can give you good, long-term advice. It's a far better investment.

In terms of exercise, cardio at first would be better. The best bet for you will be a programme, and you'll find a range of them on the fitness page of this site, if you click on "Programmes". I'd start with the 5km or 10km walk/run programmes, and see how they go!

1
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2010/06/10

Hi Doreen

Reply to fitnessdoc