Question
Posted by: GENEVIEVE | 2011/03/16

Supplements and diet

I am drinking lexamil, eye q, bio strath, a multivit and phedra cut liquid sf. I follow a low gi diet and eat 5 small meals per day. Seeing that I use a lot of money on supplements as mentioned I need to make sure I drink it at the right times with the correct food or liquids for the BEST results. Please give me some advise. I also drink a lot of water, 4 cups of coffee, 1 tea and one tab per day. Please give me best advise.THANK YOU

Dear Genevieve
If you are eating a balanced, low-GI diet that contains all the food groups, then there is no need for you to take all kinds of vitamin and mineral supplements. Recent research has found that people who use vitamin supplements, particularly vitamin A and E supplements, can harm their health. I would recommend that you use up the supplies of the supplements you have purchased at great cost and then just take one complete multivitamin and mineral supplement (e.g. Centrum or Supradyn Forte) 2-3 times a week, to prevent vitamin overload. Just because something is good for you in small quantities, does not mean that having vast quantities is going to be even better. This also applies to your liquid intake. Adults require 2.5 litres of liquid a day - you are already ingesting 1,5 litres a day (4 cups coffee, 1 cup tea, 1 glass Tab), which means that you only need to drink 4 cups (250 ml) of water per day.
Moderation is always the key

1

Dear Genevieve
Moderation is always the key