Question
Posted by: Lwando | 2012/07/16

Supplements

I just found out i am pregnant. 4 to 5 weeks i think. i am yet to see a gynae, scheduled for 20 July.

1. i was once pregnant last year round about the same time, my Gynea gave ecotrin to take as i had history of miscarriages.
this year i am preggies again, i am currently taking ecotrin 81mg, pregomega, fokkic acid 100mcg. question, is this combination the best for Baby growth and prevention of miscarriage?

2. is preg omega the best supplement, or i can use something else, i have a problem, it makes me terribly hungry and i dont want too much weight. i was hoping you can advise on a best supplement, with all the neccessary nutrients, but not getting me hungry.
3. i understand i need to schedule a Gynae appointment at 7 weeks, is this true, or i can go now at 5 weeks? how often do i nid to see my Gynae during the pregnancy?
4. i am generally a healthy person, i drink green tea every day, i just want to find out, if green tea is safe during pregnancy. i usually use lipton or woolies green tea.
5. on December i always travel home, which is 4hours drive, is it safe for me to drive home? my other option is to get my Brother to fetch me, but is it safe, to sit in the car for the 4 hours with break off course?

eargely waiting for you well appreciated answers to my million queastions :)

1. What you are taking is okay but you could just take one supplement such as Pregnavit M.
2.OMega 3 and 6 are thought to help with brain development so you can take these extra if you want to.
3. If you have had previous miscarriages see your gynae as soon as possible.
4. Avoid the green tea.
5. The car drive will not affect the pregnancy.

1

4. Avoid the green tea.