Question
Posted by: Dee | 2011/08/11

supplements

I am training to run a marathon and then Comrades. Can you advise what supplement(s) I should take and joint support.

Best Regards
Dee

Hi Dee

A good diet is the best supplement! Seriously, if your diet is sound and provides the right amounts of energy, and nutrients, then supplements are unnecessary. A multi-vitamin is perhaps the only exception, but I wouldn't even think about this if your diet was sound. So my advice is to make the initial investment of seeing a dietician and be sure to fuel right, rather than spending on things you may not really need.

2
Posted by: Aloysius phiri | 2011/08/30

i have been working out in the gym for 6months without supplements because i have a liver and kidney problems,what could be the best supplements to use to recover quickly from sore muscles and build muscles?im 55yrs old.

Reply to Aloysius phiri
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2011/08/23

Hi Dee

Reply to fitnessdoc