Question
Posted by: Anon | 2011-02-05

supplements

I take Omega 3 and 6 oil supplements in capsule form - can I give one a day to my medium size fox terrier cross? She gets dry itchy skin on her back. Thank you.

The two I would recommend would be Efazol and the new Mirracote both available from your vet . You need to give them for 6-8 weeks before you see a difference

4
Posted by: Chill | 2011-02-06

Indeed, re the joint supplements - guess you''ve been looking at the likes of Fortiflex, which costs in the region of R500 for a month''s supply? It''s truly excellent stuff, by the way, but at that price, it had better be.

For joint problems, someone on here once recommended stuff made for horses, called Flex-C-Joint and Flex-O-Joint. I''ve been using it ever since - there is some initial outlay but it works out far, far cheaper. Get it from horse supply places, or google it - they will mail it to you direct. You need both - give it half and half.

I''m going to look up the constituents of Efazol and see what I can do there - thanks for the tip.

Reply to Chill
Posted by: brett | 2011-02-06

Efazol is damned expensive. You can put together the same ingredients for a fraction of what it costs.I''m interested in other people''s comments on " specially for dogs"  supplements. The joint supplements are another example of a high price for a simple product.All basic natural ingredients so I just buy the human version and can actually afford to help my dogs.

Reply to brett
Posted by: CyberVet | 2011-02-06

Reply to CyberVet
Posted by: Chill | 2011-02-05

Why not get her some Efazol (at the vet) - it''s a supplement specially made for dogs and they seem to do very well on it.

Reply to Chill