Question
Posted by: Nokia | 2011-02-05

Supplements

hi doc,

i am no a very good eater, have high blood pressure and enlarged red blood cells which I believe leads to anemia of some sort.

i have experienced tiredness, and also every now and then suffer from a muscle cramp in my leg,

My question really is:
what over the counter supplement can I take that will give me all the minerals/vitamins i need because of a really really bad diet

and

what can i give to a 6 year old in the form of supplement as she is a very poor eater herself.

Please help

The enlarged red blood cells are usually associated with Vitamin B12 and folate deficiency. This is called megaloblastic anemia. Refer to the following link for more information: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Megaloblastic_anemia

The enlarged red blood cells can also be associated with kidney disease and I therefore, suggest that you consult your doctor for blood tests and if your Vitamin B levels are extremely low, you will need injections to correct your levels.

You can supplement with Centrum Multivitamin, in combination with Vitamin B complex and Folate acid.

For the child, I suggest Echinaforce.